IndyLaw Net is an independent weblog written and managed by students and alumni of the Indiana University School of Law in Indianapolis, serving the IU Law-Indy community.

We welcome and encourage comments... Please check out ILN's commenting policy

Editor-in-chief, webmaster:
Lucas Sayre

Associate editors:
Karl Born

Karl Born
Brian Deiwert
Lucas Sayre
Kelly Scanlan
Nathan Van Sell


IU-Indy Law
Prof. Jeff Cooper
Daily Contentions
In the Agora
Commentary Track
Justin Gifford
Jelly Beans & Corduroy
Joe Delamater
Just Playin'
Obiter Dictum
Ryan Strup
The Sleepy Sage
Waiting for the Punchline
Myron's Mind
TV Law

Other Law Students
The Rattler
Ambivalent Imbroglio
John Branch
Phil Carter
De Novo
Paul Gutman
Kathryn Janeway
Jewish Buddha
The Kitchen Cabinet
Law Dork
letters from babylon
Letters of Marque
Mixtape Marathon
Notes from the Underground
Andrew Raff
Sua Sponte
Three Years of Hell
Unlearned Hand
Waddling Thunder

Legal Academics
Jack Balkin
Jeff Cooper
Rick Hasen
Lawrence Lessig
Eric Muller
Glenn Reynolds
D. Gordon Smith
Lawrence Solum
Peter Tillers
The Volokh Conspiracy
David Wagner
Tung Yin
White Collar Crime prof blog

Other Academic-types
Andrew R. Cline
Crooked Timber
Brad DeLong
Daniel W. Drezner
Joseph Duemer
Amitai Etzioni
Rebecca Goetz
Kieran Healy
Mark A. R. Kleiman
Brett Marston
History News Network
Michael Tinkler

Other Lawblogs
Program for Judicial Awareness
Howard J. Bashman
Stuart Buck
Janell Grenier
Sam Heldman
Tech Law Advisor
Denise Howell
Ken Lammers
Legal Reader
Math Class for Poets
Nathan Newman
Statutory Construction Zone
Indiana Law Blog
Timothy Sandefur
Fritz Schranck
Stop the Bleating
Pejman Yousefzadeh

Legal News
The Jurist
CNN - Law

Sapere aude - dare to be wise
Tuesday, September 13, 2005
Posted 10:29 AM by Olaeron Lucet
As a blogger and law student, I am always interested in the next persons views on life. More particularly, the unseen laws that govern life. I stumbled across this on the internet, and thought that I would share. Some of these are more true than I think we would care to admit. from legal trivia.

Murphy's Law
If anything can go wrong, it will.

O'Tooles Commentary on Murphy's Law
Murphy was an optimist.

Nonreciprocal Laws of Expectations
As soon as you mention something ...
... if it's good, it goes away.
... if it's bad, it happens.

Howe's Law
Every man has a scheme that does not work.

Zymurgy's First Law of Evolving Systems Dynamics
Once you open a can of worms, the only way to recan them is to use a larger can.

Etorre's Observation
The other line moves faster.

Skinner's Constant (Flannagan's Finagling Factor)
The quantity which, when multiplied by, divided by, added to, or subtracted from the answer you get, gives you the answer you should have gotten.

Law of Selective Gravity
An object will fall so as to do the most damage.

Jenning's Corollary
The chance of the bread falling with the buttered side down is directly proportional to the cost of the carpet.

Gordon's First Law
If a research project is not worth doing at all, it is not worth doing well.

Maier's Law
If the facts do not conform to the theory, they must be disposed of.

Hoare's Law of Large Problems
Inside every large problem is a small problem struggling to get out.

Boren's First Law
When in doubt, mumble.

The Golden Rule of Arts and Sciences
Whoever has the gold makes the rules.

Barth's Distinction
There are two types of people: those who divide people into two types, and those that don't.

Segal's Law
A man with one watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure.

Ninety-Ninety Rule of Project Schedules
The first 90% of the task takes 90% of the time, and the last 10% takes the other 90%.

Faber's Fourth Law
Necessity is the mother of strange bedfellows.

(From Arthur Bloch's Murphy's Law-and Other Reasons Why Things Go Wrong
quoted in The Book of Lists by Wallechinsky, Wallace and Wallace)

Klipstein's Corollary
The most delicate component will be the one to drop.

As seen in the
National Jurist
and on

Indianapolis Help Wanted

August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
April 2007
May 2007
March 2010

Weblog Commenting by